Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Must have for all weddings is a Wedding Emergency Kit. If you have a planner they will come equipped. If not make sure you right hand man (Maid of Honor) has one for your wedding. I have included a list of everything I take to each wedding. If anyone wants to add to this list please comment.
- Snacks and drinks
- Hand Lotion
- Wet Wipes
- Cotton balls or swabs
- bobby pins, hair pins
- Make up remover (or make up remover pads)
- Nail polish, clear polish (in case of runs in pantyhose), remover and a nail file
- A small scissors
- Lint brush
- Curling Iron
- Hair dryer
- Brush, comb, hairspray or gel
- Bobby pins or elastics
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and floss
- Mints ( you will be doing a lot of talking)
- Portable Iron
- Extra pantyhose
- Extra earring backs
- Extra buttons
- Safety pins and a sewing kit in the bride and bridesmaids' dress colors
- Masking tape or sewing tape
- Club soda or stain removal towelettes
- Flat shoes in case your feet hurt
- Double-stick tape
- Cold Remedies
- Prescription Medications
- Aspirin or Pain Relievers
- Upset stomach medicine
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Copies of directions to ceremony, photo location and reception
- Phone numbers of all wedding participants
- Contact information for all vendors
- Marriage license
- A smile ( you are getting married)
Monday, October 24, 2011
I am so excited! Guests books are so interactive now. No need for that book to sit on a shelf and collect dust. I have found great new fun ways for your guests to show you they were Present on your big day.
Here are a couple ideas from http://www.esty.com/.
Your guest will sign your favorite bottles of wine instead of a traditional guest book, and on your milestone anniversaries you can drink the wine and read your guests' well wishes. What a great way to be able to reminisce about your wedding day, and have an eternal keepsake as well.
Game playing card, have guest fill these out during cocktail hour. Beware after a couple of drinks things can get really wild!
This tree is a very fun and interactive way to get guest interested. Have guest fill this out and you will have this keepsake for a lifetime.
This is one of my forvorites.
This is such a great idea!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Have an inside wedding but would like to bring the outside in,weather can be very unpredictable. I too have a love for everything outside. I love summer months when the weather is warm and the grass is green. Here are a couple ideas to bring the outside in.
Its a great idea to incorporate vegetable and fruits into a centerpiece.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
I love Bling! Bling is taken over weddings from the Crystal trees to rhinestone encrusted shoes, brides are taken Bling to a whole new level. Bling can be very expensive, I have some cost effective tips to get the sparkle you want without breaking the bank.
- Check fabric stores for cost effective ways to bling.
- Coupons, coupons, and more coupons I can"t stress this enough. Companies such as Michael's and Joann"s sends out weekly coupons.
- Online stores are a great way to save as well.
- Buy in bulk, sale the overstock to other brides in your area or on wedding websites.
Check out these web sites for cost effective ideas.
Monday, October 17, 2011
Congratulations on your engagement! You’re excited and can’t wait to get started planning. Choosing the colors for your wedding is very important, which can be very confusing for most brides. You love purple, until your best friend from second grade complains that she will look like Barney! Easy fix, instead of purple being the main color it can be an accent color. When choosing colors brides must take into consideration theme, décor, bridal party, location, and availability.
I recently worked with a bride who was infatuated with the colors blue and white. Her wedding was on the beach and the backdrop was the ocean, wow what a back drop! To be honest most couples choose blue for beach weddings. I let her know that blue would be washed out against the ocean. My style is to coach not take over. We went along with planning and things were moving smoothly. I went along to help pick out dresses for the bridesmaids. The ladies begin trying on beautiful blue dresses. The color did not complement the girls at all. The bride was very disappointed with the outcome. The Maid of Honor could not find the dress she picked out in her color or size. This was my opportunity to turn this appointment around. I choose a beautiful corral color that complemented the ladies very well, and I knew it was a color that she really liked. When my bride saw the dress, she was very overwhelmed and decided this was a much better fit. Yes, we had to change the entire wedding but it came out great.
Here are a couple of tips to help choose the right color for your wedding.
· Consider colors that your future husband and you like.
· Consider colors that complement each other.
· Consider the Venue.
· Consider the season.
· Consider the availability of the color in flowers, decor, bridal wear, and accessories.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Hello and welcome to my blog! I am so excited to be able to help and be an inspiration to so many people. Weddings can be stressful, they don't have to be. This blog will help coach you through one of the most important days of your life. I will try my best to answer any and all questions. Check back with me to learn the latest trends in wedding planning.